Friday, June 29, 2007

Friday's Food, Fun, and Ice Cream

Friday night we headed over to my sister Tammy and her husband Curt's house for a family gathering. Our brother Curt and his wife Marti and their three children, Michael, Morgan, and Matthew were passing through on their way to Seattle (Our other brother Jerry is getting married in a couple of weeks so we will all be there soon). Our Mom and Dad also joined us for a wonderful night of visiting and pizza outside on the patio. The evening was beautiful and the kids had a blast while the grown ups visited. The kids played soccer, bounced in a inflatable bouncer (Aunt Tammy and Uncle Curt had given our children as a gift last year), and tossed the Frisbee. Curt Z and I even took the kids on in soccer( I think they won.)

The most fun part of the evening was when we heard "circus?" music being played out by the street. We all ran over to see what was causing such a noise and found an old fashion ice cream truck coming down the street. We waved him down and found a nice teenager selling the frozen goods. He said his dad and him started the business. They had about 2 dozen different kinds of frozen novelties priced between $1 to $3. I'm sure we were his best stop that night $$$$. I will say Tammy treated us all, she is so generous.









"I didn't get into the ranch dressing. No, not me."









Aunti Marti and Austen (hey, who is stealing the Gatorade)










Grandma and Austen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My goodness--Austen is getting so big! I feel VERY blessed to have met him in February. The rest of the family is wondering when they get to meet him -- we'll have to make it soon, or he won't be a baby! They grow so quickly...