Monday, March 30, 2009

More flood pictures

Below is a picture of Hwy 81 going south out of Harwood.
Below is a picture of the road that goes east out of Harwood. Cars are going through it but it was not recommended. To the left you can see the current.

Below is a picture taken on top of the overpass over I29 looking south. Obviously the interstate is closed.

Below is a picture of the dike that is a block North of our house.

I had dike patrol from midnight to 3 am last night. Todd, my neighbor, and I checked dikes until the wee hours so our fellow residents could rest peacefully. Boy, we are model citizens. I didn't even have to use my thumb to plug any holes.








2 comments:

Pat Hayes said...

Scary stuff - I don't know what's scarier, the water on the dike or Jeff patrolling at 3AM????

Seriously, we are thinking of you guys and pray that the dike holds and the water recedes.

If you need anything, let us know.
Take Care,
Pat, Nicole, Elianna and Catalina Hayes

Kevin Moberg said...

You are a model citizen.