Thursday, September 6, 2007

Answer to the Pacer

If you haven't figured it out the Yellow Pacer below is a replica of my first car a 1976 AMC Pacer. It was called everything from pregnant banana to upside down fish tank. Everyone in town knew when Jeff was driving down the street. I cant remember how much I paid for it but I think it was under $1,000. It came complete with an AM radio and a manual choke. The front could just about seat 4 people and the back 1 person. People asked, "if you ever rolled it would it just keep rolling?" Oh, what memories!!!!

Anyone have a first car that could beat that?

3 comments:

Kevin Moberg said...

When I imagine you cruising the streets in that vehicle, ogling the hotties, I can just hear in my head: "Bowm chicka bom bowm!"

Anonymous said...

Okay -- mine couldn't beat that, but it was cheaper :-) I drove "Myrtle, the blue turle" -- a 1976 robin's egg blue Chevy Impala, originally belonging to my grandfather. When he passed away, my grandmother, who didn't drive, parked the car along side the house...and 10 years later it became mine! All I had to do in return was take her on a weekly grocery shopping trip (after which she usually bought me an ice cream cone at DQ)!

Unknown said...

Stop complaining you could have driven the 1963 white station wagon called "white lighting" like I had too! Jodi (Jeffs older sister)