Sunday, April 19, 2009

Daddy's Birthday

The birthday started with the traditional Birthday Pillowcase on my pillow the night before. This is a tradition the kids really look forward to every year on their special day...ok it is kind of fun for dad too.


I was welcomed with a warm caramel roll, with a candle in it, in bed this morning (just a warning to others: a warm caramel roll will melt the candle from the bottom up).

After church, I taught Megan's Sunday school class, both of them, and came home and read the paper. Then Jaden, Megan and I proceeded to the movie theater to take in Monsters vs Aliens. It was a cute film and we all enjoyed it. Then we came home and played outside while mom prepared a delicious supper.
Jordan plays some type of superhero.
Daddy and Austen roller blade and skate(no jokes about the 80's roller blades).Austen was brave enough to try it on his own.
After supper we enjoyed a huge birthday cookie(two huge chocolate chip cookies on top of each other with frosting between and on top. It was left over from our Easter birthday celebration.) Notice the huge bbq sauce jug, does my family know me or what?
It was a wonderful day and feel lucky to have such a wonderful family. I don't mind growing older as long as I have Janelle, Megan, Jaden, Jordan, and Austen with me (someone will have to push the wheelchair eventually).

2 comments:

Susan said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like an excellent way to spend the day :-)

Kevin Moberg said...

Jeff, you don't look a day over ten years younger than whatever age you are now.