Saturday, May 19, 2007

Marathon z-man






I did it! 26.2 miles of pure enjoyment. 4 hours and 23 minutes of running bliss. O.K maybe not quite like that but it was a very successful run. I certainly did not break any speed records but I accomplished my goal of finishing a marathon at 40. It actually went very well, but the last two miles were tough. My sister Tammy and her husband Curt and a niece Mandy helped me get past those final two miles. The key to the whole run was the hat. You have to have a good hat if you are going to run a marathon. Why? Because everyone cheers you on if you have a good hat. My beanie with a propeller worked great. I received tons of cheers from spectators because of the hat. So my advise to anyone who is thinking of running a marathon; train hard, get a good hat, and enjoy it.

1 comment:

Kevin Moberg said...

Did the tight shorts assist with the running success, too? That always works for me.