Friday, July 13, 2007

Day 3







Last night we spent our first night in the house we rented for the week. It had a view of the Sound that was unbelievable (of course I forgot to take a picture). The view was nice but it also had lots of space for everyone. The top floor was the master bedroom and bathroom which my parents and niece Mandy occupied. The middle floor had the kitchen, dining room, living room, 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. We took one of the bedroom/bathrooms and my aunt took the other. The bottom floor had a bar (with a big screen TV), 2 bedrooms, an empty room, and a bathroom. Curt, Marti, and kids had that floor to themselves. It was a nice place to park ourselves for the week.






Today we headed down to the Pike Place Market and the Pier. If you have never been in Seattle there are a ton of little shops that sell everything from fresh fruit and fish to hats and sunglasses. Here is a good video that shows a little of it along with the famous "flying fish."






Since we had talked so much about the Space Needle to the kids we thought we had to go up and look at the view. Little did we realize it would take a second mortgage on our house to go up to the top. It cost Megan, Jaden, and myself $32 to ride an elevator to the top and look out the sides. The kids were interested for a few minutes and wanted to head down, but with that kind of money I thought we should be able to stay the night. Well, maybe not the night, but I was determined to at least get some of our money out of it. We walked around and looked at the view and did many of the interactive displays.






We also road the monorail. http://www.monorails.org/tMspages/Seattlepix1.html

2 comments:

Kevin Moberg said...

You and I are of a like mind RE: the price of admission to the Needle. "D*$@ it, kids, we paid through the nose to be up here, now we're going to be up here until the d*$@ thing closes for the night, do you hear me?! Now look around and enjoy it, d*$@ it!"

Sailor McCollum said...

It is so refreshing to read a blog about real people; or at least the kind of people I know.
I spent a bit of time in the Puget Sound area and love it. Drove through N.D. just once, on my way to Puget Sound.
would like you to visit my blog; http://antiquesailor.blogspot.com or visit my other web site http:www.merrypublishing.com
Mary, the antique sailor