Thursday, July 12, 2007

Seattle, Day 2

We woke up and drove to Seattle (45 minutes). Jaden and I had to try on our tuxes to see if any alterations had to be done. Jadens fit but my pants were too short. They would have to get a new pair sent in, but another wedding had been canceled and there was a pair of pants that happened to be my size in that party's tuxes. Luck for me, not so luck for them.















We then went out for pizza and shopped a little before heading to Jerry's pad to change for the rehearsal and the Groom's Dinner. The wedding is at St. James Cathedral in downtown Seattle, a beautiful church. After rehearsal we headed to the Spaghetti Factory for the Groom's Dinner which in North Dakota would not be a big deal since they were only a few blocks apart. But you see this was at 5:30 pm in downtown Seattle. We left the church and about 45 minutes later I dropped everyone off at the restaurant's door. I then spent another 20 minutes driving around trying to find a parking spot. By the time I went into the room were our party was, there was only one seat left on the opposite side of the room from my family. I sat down and met some new people, Bill from CA and Doug from Idaho. They drilled me about questions of North Dakota but we had a wonderful conversation.


After a nice dinner we headed out to the house we rented to spend the night. More on that later.
Got to be a long day for Megan, Mandi, and Jaden

1 comment:

Kevin Moberg said...

"Drilled" you? You make them sound positively urgent in their desire to know all they could about our fair state. I'm sure that was it, huh?